Are you planning a trip to Oahu? Here are our top 10 things to do in Oahu for 2014!
10. Nightlife: Numerous restaurants, jazz bars, and all kinds of shopping make nightlife in Honolulu amazing.
9. Kids Activities: Honolulu Zoo, North Shore of Oahu, Dole Plantation, Turtle Beach (you’ll need to rent a car)! Also, don’t miss the Arizona Memorial on your trip.
8. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve: Swim and snorkal with up to 750 species of fish. Check the park schedule as the park is typically closed one-day per-week.
7. Shopping: Don’t miss the amazing shopping on the island. Especially Waikiki Beach. Dior, Royal Hawaiian Center, and International Market Place (an island tradition for more than 50 years with more than 150 outdoor shops!), and don’t miss the ABC Stores (on almost every block).
6. Waikiki Beach: Water based fun! Surfing lessons (waves are a bit smaller than the North Shore so it is easier to learn). Also, try stand-up paddle boarding! It’s a new craze.
5. Outrigger Canoe Ride: How the first people settled on the islands!
4. Hike Diamond Head: One of the ancient volcanoes that formed the island of Oahu. Allow about 2 hours to hike up and back. Wear sunscreen, wear good walking shoes, and bring plenty of water. Offers great views of Waikiki Beach.
3. Weddings and Honeymoons: Not surprisingly, this is one of the most common things people come to Oahu for.
2. Cuisine: The KCC Farmers Market is Honolulu’s premier farmers market (every Saturday). Also, check out Leonard’s for fantastic donuts (without a hole in the middle). You can not go wrong with Leonards for good donuts. Also, don’t miss M. Matsumoto Shave Ice on the North Shore, or the Shrimp Food Trucks on the North Shore!
1. Attend an Evening Luau: There are many, but most people recommend Paradise Cove on the southwest side of the island. Excellent cuisine and dancing.
Oahu is great for beach lovers, families, and even business! Plan your vacation to Oahu today!